early learning centres - little learners and kindergarten
at scopus, we offer engaging early learning for children aged two and over, focused on developing their lifelong love of learning and strong jewish identity.
we believe in the learning ability and agency of young children, who will benefit from having a wide range of learning opportunities presented to them.
both the fink karp ivany and szalmuk family early learning centres have been rated as exceeding national quality standards. this is the highest possible rating for early childhood settings, acknowledging excellence in all areas of education, care and facilities.
scopus little learners - program for two year olds
our little learners program, based at fki in caulfield south, is open to children who will turn two by 31 january in the year that they commence.
much more than child care, this educational program has been designed around inquiry based learning and is shaped by the children's natural curiosity and provides the perfect pathway into kinder at either of our campuses.
some reasons to consider enrolling your child in little learners:
- as an immersive bilingual program, it exposes the children to hearing hebrew on a full-time basis by the jewish studies educator.
- the flexibility of registering for between two and five days per week.
- the program operates from early january to late december including school term holidays (except during pesach and other chagim)
- it is an approved long day care program, attracting government subsidies for eligible families.
- little learners benefits from all the resources of the campus, including specialist music and art teachers, on-site psychologist, and consulting specialists in continence, speech therapy and occupational therapy to ensure all children are monitored for development and the need for early intervention assessed.
- a warm and caring team with a high educator to child ratio.
place offers are made approximately eight months prior to commencement.
kinder - programs for three and four year olds
we have lower and upper kindergarten programs based at each campus, centrally located within the community. combined planning and staff development ensures consistency in the programs delivered so when children come together in prep, they do so with shared understanding.
families have the option to enrol a child for lower and upper kinder only, or as a path leading on to prep and beyond at scopus. both these paths will be available to all prospective students, subject to space availability, irrespective of whether or not their parents are scopus alumni.
place offers for lower kinder will be made approximately 15 months prior to the start of the applicable lower kinder year.
in the first instance lower kinder place offers will be made for children who have also been registered for the relevant prep year (concurrently enrolled). a deposit to be credited against prep fees will be payable during the kinder place offer process.
if places are still available for lower kinder after these place offers are made then places may be offered to children who are registered for lower and upper kinder only (non-concurrently enrolled).
a range of factors are taken into account when allocating places. these include, but are not limited to, the family’s previous connection with the college, the age of the child when registered, and whether the child has any siblings currently attending scopus.
complete the form below or phone enrolments on 9834 0070 for further information.